Monday, March 11, 2013

More than friends

To love and care is the most special gift one can give, to be loved and cared for is the best gift someone can receive-Unknown.

All my life, I have been truly blessed and grateful for people who have come and proved to be more than just friends. I do not know what they are called but I know some just prove to be more than just friends. They live all across the globe, from Anchu (Anchal), N (Niharika) and Tanushree (Runa) Di being in India, Mimi in London to Juhi in Stamford, CT and many more.

Juhi and I were having a discussion today about how sometimes the people (mostly relatives) in our lives, who we think are really close and understand us say or do things that we do not expect from anyone. Even more ironical is that those very people have been through treading times like us in their lives. All these incidences make you feel really happy that you have a few very close and cherished folks, who do not fall into the category of a family member or a friend.
You are blessed when you can count these folks as blessings and be thankful to God that you have someone to turn to in happiness and despair.
The most recent ones are Karen and Naz and they live in New York City.
I went to have lunch with them in the city yesterday and it was a very beautiful day to be outdoors. Rohith decided to stay at home as he is still coming out of his crazy working hours schedule. We had lunch at a very nice Thai restaurant, Asiam, in their neighborhood. Everything that we ordered was tasty and full of flavor.
They even gave me this beautiful relic handbag and coldwater creak neckpiece, as a part of the tradition of visiting their home for the first time being a married girl of the family. It was very touching for me.
Tokens of love
Dinner yesterday:
When I got home, Rohith had already made most of the preparation for simple vegetable pulao for dinner. I did not have any protein on the side, so I added nutrela chunks (nutirnagits) to the pulao.
Hues of colors
Ingredients 

Result
The pulao came out so good that Rohith had three helpings!
We spent rest of last evening working on my project, which was due today.

Brunch this morning:
I spent most of the morning working to finalize my document and forgot the breakfast completely. Cardinal sin for the body, I know....
Around 1 pm I finally stacked up hummus, fresh mozzarella, cucumber, tomato, avocado and home made butter on a whole wheat toast.  I also got a little colorful when I combined papaya, banana and blueberry to give a whirl with the power of orange juice.
Magic gadget
So healthy and so satisfying
Workout:

I did my usual Sun Salutations 1 and 2 and did the yoga sequence for getting rid of muffin top.
I need to start my cardio routine soon.

The week ahead:

It looks pretty loaded as I have a lot of dishes to try making for the first time in the evenings, besides my internship assignments and professional networking.

Have a rocking week ahead folks.

I will be rooting for you all. xxx

Do write to me at pallavibhar at gmail dot com or comment below. 




2 comments:

  1. I have been reading all your blogs and must say that they are worth the time i spent reading them. They are original from the heart pieces and makes me feel that a girl has so much more to give back than just to relationships. Keep the words following and keep us enthralled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your inspiring words Parul! Its the motivation from well wishers that keeps me motivated :)

      Delete