Saturday, March 9, 2013

If winter is over, can spring be far behind?

From our Boston trip
We were rejoicing that spring is finally arriving, when the dreaded news of a snowstorm hitting the Tristate region was announced.
This is how our roof looked like yesterday after the snowstorm on Thursday.
Friday morning
I peeped outside my office window on Thursday and noticed the sleet. I did not even know that it can snow horizontally!

Thursday outside my office building
Last week:
I do not know where it went. Can’t believe that it’s March already. Today is my Mum-in-law’s birthday and my Mum’s birthday is just round the corner on the 16th. So the three most important ladies in my life now (Rohith’s Mom, my Mom and Rohith’s Aunt) are Piscine and have birthday’s only a week apart from one another.
I bought these beautiful freshwater pearl set for the two Mums and got a great deal on groupon
This real pearl set is a steal!
Now how can I let my free shipping for a month deal, which expires today on ideeli, go waste. I bought this beautiful summer dress for almost one fourth of it’s original price.
Can you guess the price?
And this spring essential for my office wear was also a bargain.
Basic piece for my spring wardrobe
Cooking at home:
It was sporadic last week. I made only a handful of dishes.  Things moved so quickly throughout the week that I even forgot to snap pictures of only two or three dishes that I have made. I can assure you one thing that I made a good faith effort of eating all the meals  at home for most of the week. Well, I mean almost all.
Rohith and I went veggie shopping at Vucchiria and as expected he was in no mood to eat at home on Thursday. We went to our neighboring Malaysian place Nyonya. It was a wet and gray evening and we were lucky to find a place to sit and eat. This is what we ordered. 
Rohith’s Roti Khanai. He always orders two :)

Mango shrimp and achat for main course.
We also ordered pad-Thai noodles, however Rohith was so hungry that we forgot to take a picture.
Their herbal tea is just heavenly and out of this world. It was especially comforting on a stormy day like Thursday.
Herbal tea
Dinner last night:
We bought methi this time and I was up for a challenge once again. I made the simplest methi-aaloo ki sabzi (potato-fenugreek curry).
Rohith’s all time favorite
I also made some fresh chapatis.

Home made
The weekend begins:
It was very bright and sunny today, so Rohith did his happy dance. LoL!

Yaay for the sunny day!
As it was weekend, Rohith took charge in the kitchen and made his favorite omelet, toast with the leftover curry from last night. He also added ham to his serving and of course needless to say his all time companion, hot sauce. He even went and bought fresh whole wheat loaf from our neighboring bakery for this morning.
So filling!
I also made this yummy and healthy smoothie to wash down my breakfast while Rohith had his coffee.
Can’t wait for the summers
I did not make lunch, so Rohith assembled this quick sandwich for himself with fresh mozzarella, cucumbers, ham and tomato on whole wheat bread.
Rohith’s creation
Workout this week:

I continued my Sun Salutations 1 and 2 everyday and alternated between the following:
  • Yoga sequence for lower back pain and 
  • Yoga sequence for saying bye to muffin top

The rest of the weekend:
It will be spend in working on a very important project that I have to submit by Monday. I am also having lunch at my friend and mentor’s home tomorrow.

Have a rocking weekend folks!
I will be rooting for you all. xxx

Do write to me at pallavibhar at gmail dot com or comment below.







No comments:

Post a Comment