Friday, March 22, 2013

Ides of March have passed

©RohithRoy
Six things that I realized this month:
  1. I can still do the booty shake and twist
  2. I can go on drinking my coffee without any sugar
  3. Reading is by far the best time pass in any boring situation besides listening to music
  4. Starting an exercise regimen after a long break makes your body sore
  5. Workouts might not be the only thing that sore and tighten your muscles after all. Your lifestyle takes the cake. 
  6. The only way to fail, is not to try
I would like to elaborate on the last point in my realizations, a little bit.
Do you fear failure? Do you fear not achieving some goal, hope, or a dream? Does that fear, keeps you from even trying sometimes? Do your procrastinate often? When you think about it, it’s true that the only way you can guarantee you will not achieve something is to never even try for it in the first place.
It can be easy to view failure as trying and coming up short. However, at least in that process, we have the chance to learn something and to grow from it. In my experience, that is not a failure. It is a process to improve and enhance your strength. Step out and go for it! Even if you do not do what you originally set out to accomplish, you will still learn something along the way during the process. You will be taking strides forward rather than standing still. Go for it! You cannot be a failure if you do. At the very least, you learn something and grown in some way just in case things do not turn out the way you hoped. Who knows? Maybe they will turn out.

Cooking at home for the remainder of the week:
I had bought raw papaya also along with the bottle gourd so decided to make it for dinner on Wednesday night. I also decided to give it a kick by making dhaniye aur pudine (cilantro and mint) ka raita (yogurt) with spcies and green chilly to give the curry a kick.
Raita

Sabzi

Khana
The challenge to make Rohith eat healthy is to lure him with spicy (a lot) and sweet (in moderation) items. For dessert it was besan k laddoo (Indian dessert made from gram flour, clarified butter and sugar).
Ghoos (bribe) for Rohith
Last evening:
It was freezing as most of the week. Thankfully there were no showers. Rohith and I decided to meet in the city for some Afghani Fare at Khyber Pass after my event at NYAS. We heard that they are giving away free baklawa (now where have I heard that name before) and custard when you buy dinner, to celebrate the Afghani new year throughout March at Khyber Pass. 
When I arrived at Astor Place station, I noticed the taco el idolo food truck and my mouth watered instantly. Change of plans and we decided to give it a try instead. I had two veggie tacos and Rohith tried a variety of tacos and burritos from them. We really enjoyed our food. Apologies that it was so cold that our hands froze while eating the dinner and we skipped clicking pictures. Next time I promise for sure. 
Later we decided to thaw out for sometime in Starbucks. I had my all time favorite tazo chai  and Rohith had his tall coffee with an extra espresso shot. 
Upon our way back to Brooklyn, we caught a brilliant performance inside the Broadway-Laffayette street subway station. That guy was playing on his Cello (violoncello)  so beautifully that we missed our train once to listen to him play. It sounded a lot like the 70s music of Bolly movies like those of Sh. Hrishikesh Mukherjee’ movies. 
So on a weeknight, I treated Rohith to his favorite street food, a live performance along with his favorite drink and all for under $20 for both of us! Pretty thoughtful. Isn’t it? Those are the perks of living in a city as great as New York!

Today:
Again I had all the energy of a used tea bag. I procrastinated for a long time before starting to workout.  Prior to that I made myself America’s favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich for some additional energy.
The unusual course
Workout:
Since I was feeling so dull, I decided to skip the cardio and gave only yogasan a try. I performed a mix of yoga sequence to get rid of muffin tops and weekend warrior yoga sequence. 
As usual I did my Sun Salutation 1 and 2.

Lunch:
It was leftover from Wednesday.
Leftovers
I made myself fresh raita and this time I added cucumber to give it a crunch.
Yum yum
I also had some chilly pickle from India which my sister Ketaki has given me. I am sure to regret the decision to eat it later, however it was simply irresistible during lunchtime today. 
Dangerous goodness
The weekend ahead:
We are having dinner with Karen and Naz tonight as Naz is leaving for a four month long trip on Monday. Rohith and I are also planning to attend the ArtExpo tomorrow, besides the usual weekend chores that we have to take care of. I am planning to give either microwave idli or bhature chana making at home a try. Will let you all know if they ever took off from the ground.

Last but not the least:

I am going to do my bit. Will you?
Earth Hour 2013 is tomorrow from 08:30 to 09:30 pm. So do not forget to turn off all the lights and appliances at your household, which are not in use during that hour, especially the energy monsters. 

Questions for the weekend:
  • What is your strategy towards achieving a goal that you have set for yourself generally?
  • Do you contribute your bit to save the planet on a daily basis. If yes, then what do you do?
Have a fun filled weekend ahead guys and stay warm!
I will be rooting for you all. xxxx

Do write to me at pallavibhar at gmail dot com or comment below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment