Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blessing in disguise



The week was a blessing in disguise and I got to stay at home. I am all set to burn myself out in the latest professional assignment I am beginning tomorrow so I needed the break before. 

Workout:
Wednesday:
  • Full body workout
  • Core workout and cool down
  • Beginner core strengthening workout
  • Bootcamp workout by Jeanette Jenikens 
As always, I did my regular Sun  salutations 1 and 2 post shower. 

Change of plans:

Dinner:
Dinner on Tuesday night comprised of not so exciting aaloo-gaajar ki sabzi (potato-carrot curry). I tried my luck by making this one, as Rohith hates carrot except for in Gajar ka halwa (Indian carrot pudding). As expected, he ate at McD and I ate at home. It’s surprising how many people detest carrots including my beloved friend Juhi. For me the aaloo-gaajar ki sabzi brings back childhood memories. My nani (Granny: world’s most amazing cook ever) used to make this in winters and served it with fresh chapattis. We used to loose count of how many chapattis we ate back then. No kidding there.
Sadly, my attempt though was not so successful. 

Not a success :(
For making things up later, I whipped up this quick blueberry and brown sugar in yogurt dessert. That lifted Rohith’s mood but only slightly :P

Ingredients and equipment 

TaDa!
Yesterday:

I was not feeling up to it, so I made a change of plans, for the lunch with my friend yesterday. It was leftovers with freshly made chapatis, which she and I ate heartily. Accompanied with all the condiments like the hari chutney and home made butter, it was a home run with my friend. She loved the curry (which was not even explored by someone a night before) so much that she even took the remaining with her!
I wanted to make up for serving the leftovers (which by the way she didn’t mind) and whipped up this strawberry, blueberry and brown sugar yogurt topped with home grown mint. It was a HIT! I think I am improving at making these delectable yogurts with every new attempt. 


This one rocks!
The misadventure:
We planned to take a break during the day and went to do the laundry. On our way out of the apartment, we somehow accidentally put the safety lock on. When we returned it wouldn’t open! My poor friend and I had to wait for more than hour in the stairwell for Rohith to come home and get us into the apartment. I promised her that I will treat her to the yummy authentic pizza from our neighborhood's La Bella pizza and here is what we ordered. 
Half and half pie. Yum!
 Workout today:
I went a little overboard as I am beginning my professional assignment from tomorrow and have an upcoming trip over the weekend.
This is what I accomplished.
  • Tiffany Roth’s workouts
  • Hot body warm up routine
  • Bikini body workout
  • Bootcamp workout by Jeanette Jenikens 
  • 6 pack abs and get rid of those love handles
  • Bikini ready abs
The day progressed:
I had an appointment which got cancelled so I got a few hours on my hand to research some more for my assignment. 

Dinner tonight:

I am thinking of making the Indian rice (tahiri/pulao) for dinner tonight. Will tell you next week how it was.

Weekend ahead:
We are meeting the cutest baby girl in the US of A, who has just turned an year old on Wednesday. Can’t wait to see her!

Question of the day:
  • What is your strategy(s) to make up for your missed working out sessions?
  • Who is the cutest baby that you have met in the recent past? (your relationship and baby’s name)
Have a rocking weekend ahead!

I will be rooting for you all xxxxx

Do write to me at pallavibhar at gmail dot com or comment in the post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment