Friday, January 25, 2013

When a short work week seems longer than usual


This is what happens when you start believing that all good things might not necessarily come to an end. 

The work week started on a very late note. 

Workout this week (Tuesday to Friday)

Tuesday
Get a victoria's secret abs workout from one of their trainers!
Fat blasting 10-minute workout video with jeanette jenkins
Total-body 10-minute workout video with holly perkins

Wednesday
At home zumba workout: get fit while getting down
Bikini abs in 10 minutes, teddy bass workout, class fitsugar

Blast fat with this 10-minute workout from r.i.p.p.e.d


Thursday
Upper body workout | 10-minute workout | class fitsugar

Define your waistline with this 10-minute pilates series

Dance your way to fitness with this 10-minute workout


Friday

10-minute workout to get the blood pumping
7 
Jump rope moves that will leave you feeling the burn!
Pilates workout, boost your metabolism, class fitsugar

Not to mention that I did the sun salutations 1 and 2 post shower everyday. 


Breakfast: 
This week breakfast was off and on. I know that it’s sin to skip the breakfast after a workout. I also had brunch on Tuesday and Thursday mornings as I had to leave really early for volunteering assignments.
Tomato, hari cutney and home made butter sandwich


Home made butter and fuji apple jelly sandwich

Cooking dinner at home this week
It was off and on. This is what all I was able to accomplish. 

Karele (bitter gourd) ki sabzi (curry)

Anaar (pomegranate) ka raita (yogurt) with brown sugar


Bharwaan Baigan (Stuffed baby eggplants)







Hare dhaniye (cilantro) ki chutney 

Volunteer assignments this week:

The freezing weather outdoors didn’t discourage me to keep my commitment to the two volunteering assignments that I have made. This is how it looked most of the evenings all this week. The temperature plummeted between 10 to -5 degrees this week.



Brooklyn in the evening
Be social change: Future of education part 1
The reward:
It was freezing on Wednesday and  Rohith suggested that we go out for a nice brick oven pizza after my volunteer assignment was over. The choice was obvious as I was in the Chelsea. Tappo (oh how the name is music to my ears!) is 
my latest discovery and I am so proud to show it to my friends and family. This is what we had

Meatlovers pizza for Rohith: It was ok

Half and half pie shroomtown and farmigio bianca: to die for!

The week ends:

I cannot believe how quickly this week has passed and boy have I raced against time to accomplish so much this week, including three volunteering assignments in the evenings from Tuesday to Thursday straight. Read about those if you are curious on my other blog http://theflipsideofdevelopment.wordpress.com/

Weekend ahead: 

I tried to accomplish the toughest task of all today. Sorting out the Indian leafy vegetable methi, fenugreek, and make it for dinner tonight. I can tell you from my own experience that this is by far the toughest cooking chore that I have come across. It should be made a punishment for the kids when they are grounded for doing something mischievous. No exaggeration there. I timed it today and three bunches took me 45 minutes! What a waste of time :P
But the end result if rewarding. Today I tried Mimi's (my friend and now sis-in-law in London) recipe and I can’t tell you how delicious it came out. 
For the recipe write to me and it will be sent right in to your inbox.  



The punishment of sorting the methi leaves

The reward: lip smacking methi paneer
 
The heat is on:
Australian open is going on these days and I can’t tell you how the men’s semi-final between Federer and Murray put me at the edge of my seat time and again this afternoon. Lawn tennis is my most favorite sport and I am set on picking up that racquet in the near future.
I was skipping a heartbeat at every set-point and tiebreaker. Murray won!

Plan for the weekend: 

I plan to make saaboodanaa/saago (tapioca) khichudi tomorrow. Thanks to my dear friend Juhi for the no mess, no fuss recipe. If you are intrigued then watch out next week how it was.  I shall be taking a break over the weekend from my Mac. 
Have a birthday party to attend tomorrow!
Have a lovely weekend people!  I will be rooting for all of you xxxxx

Question for the day:

What is your strategy for a day when you are racing against the time?

Do you know of a neat trick to sort the methi leaves quickly?

 Write to me at pallavibhar@gmail.com or you can also comment below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment