Friday, June 21, 2013

Fabulous Fitness Friday Survey


This survey popped up on on another blog right now. Since I am on a spree of filling you guys up on some fun information through questionnaires, I figured this would make a fun Friday post in the meantime. I love surveys! 
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
My most recent favorite, a peanut butter and banana sandwich


2. How much water do you drink a day?
I am not sure. I make a conscious effort to drink at least 1-2 liters and carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Current and all time favorite Yog. I simply love it!
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I do not keep a record. So no idea! That will be going too far for me.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I am a big snacker. You can see some of my healthy snacks in this recycled photo
Healthy Snacks
I also cannot resist eating peanut butter right out of the jar. It is now an increasing occurrence in my life. So delicious!
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I share a lot of my lunches on the blog, so you probably already know the answer to this one. Since I have to eat lunch by myself at home lately, I have gravitated toward meals that incorporate foods that are easy, quick and different from dinner like greek salad, fresh fruits or smoothies and baked chips etc.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Calfs!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Upper body.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I do not find it amusing to call food “good” or “bad”, however I am assuming this question is asking about my favorite indulgent dish. My answer always has been and always will be baklava.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I love my 'one day women petite under 50' and 'Nature Bounty’s hair, nail and skin' vitamins!
11. How often do you eat out?
It varies really. You guys might presume from my blog posts that we eat out all the time.However, the truth of the matter is that we usually eat out only once or twice during the week or on a Friday night. That too always preferably from a food cart if the weather is nice or on an online deal!
12. Do you eat fast food?
I almost never eat main meals at fast food chains (I do like Chipotle and Subway though, if you count those). Being vegetarian really helps me here. I get desserts on the go with RR especially a small scoop from B&R. I am also subscribed to their birthday club so each month I get a free ‘flavor of the month’ scoop too in addition to a free sundae on my birthday!
13. Who is/are your biggest supporter(s)?
RR, my mom, sister and brother.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
No and I never will. I absolutely forbid paying for any gym membership. 
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I try to get at least eight hours of sleep, but most nights I get only around seven.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I do  not plan cheat days. By some people’s standards, I probably “cheat” every single day. I just try to make conscious decisions about my food choices for the most part, but I binge from time to time, too. Sometimes that happens all week long. 
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yep.

I am not a big drinker, never was. I enjoy drinking socially with RR, my friends and family, especially having a glass or two of wine from time to time!
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
RR absolutely. He and I go for an early morning jog, but we usually do not workout at home together. When it comes to at home workouts, I am a yog practitioner and he is more of a strength trainer.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I became excited about fitness at a very early age because of my late grand pa. However, due to double incidences of biles palsy and a twice broken crocyx, I was chubby all along in my high school and most of my college days. Later, in University during my graduation, I met with an almost fatal accident. I shed almost 10 kgs or 22 lbs and took up yog and cardio rigorously to get back into shape and health. For the past 10 years, I have tried to continue that routine off and on. Nowadays, whenever I am short on time, I definitely try to squeeze in a 10 minute cardio and 15 minutes yog regimen.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
This morning

  • Sun Salutation 1 and 2 to mark the official start of summer. 
  •  Yog sequence to get rid of muffin top.
  • Ate greek salad once again for lunch today.

Questions of the Afternoon
Now it’s your turn!
  • What did you eat for breakfast?
  • What is your current favorite workout?
  • How often do you eat out?
  • What was the last healthy thing you did? and so on...
Have a rocking weekend ahead folks and I will see you all next week xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment