Wednesday, February 6, 2013

5 lessons that we can learn from silver lining playbook: the movie

Light display in the park opposite flatiron building last evening
The thing about train rides in NYC is that you have so much time at hand. I mostly pray silently, sit quietly staring at the floor or outside the window or listen to songs on my iphone.
When Rohith and I are together then it is another thing. We usually catch up on the day’s events or better yet try to catch half a movie on the ride back from the city.

The latest:
The movie

Recently, we got to catch the much talked about movie: silver lining playbook. It is based on a novel. which I am yet to read.
We saw half of it on our train ride to CT last weekend and the remaining on the train yesterday. It is really a sweet and simple movie, which you can watch at home along with your family minus muting a few words and phrases.
5 lessons that we can learn from silver lining playbook: the movie 
I summed up these five life lessons that we can learn from this movie. I would love to hear whether you agree with me or not.

  • Life is unexpected (I told you earlier too)
  • Whenever life leaves you astray, your parents are there for you
  • Love can come in any form and often times you are too blinded by your situations to notice it
  • Father’s have a tough time conveying messages, showing emotions to their sons
  • Last but not the least, every dark cloud has a silver lining literally. 
I am not going to review this movie, as I shall leave that to you folks to comment and tell me.

Dinner at home:
I was in a mood for something really simple on Monday night, as I had a very early start yesterday. I decided to give my friend, Juhi’s, simple ghiyaa (bottle gourd) recipe a try. It was downright yum. Let me know if you would like to try it and I will request her to share it with you all too.
Ghiyaa (Bottle gourd) with lemon. Yummy!  

To spice things up for Rohith, I made this quick spicy kachoomar salad along with it.


Spicy kachoomar salad
He even treated me to the ice cream from Baskin and Robin’s on our way back from Marshalls.
Strawberry frozen yogurt. Aha!
I love shopping at Marshalls as it is like a puzzle every time. You never know what you will get. In other stores, it is like 'shooting fish in a barrel’ , according to Rohith. 

Last night:
My first day at the assignment went better than expected. I hope that it is on a long term basis. After the assignment was over, we headed to Burlington for picking up a few last minute things for my folks. On our way out, we noticed Olive Garden opposite to that Burlington location and decided to give it a try. It was cold, rainy and downright miserable outside. Their salad is definitely out of this world according to Rohith. We kept it really simple and went for their soup and unlimited salad for dinner. We ordered very refreshing drinks for ourselves though. This is what we had

Mix vegetables soup with shell shaped pasta. Yum!

Spicy sausage cream soup


Unlimited salad: Heavenly!

Strawberry and mango limanata

Workout this morning:
I was so tired from yesterday that it took me all morning to gear up for the workout. This is what I accomplished for 10 minutes each:
  • Hot body warm up 
  • Get 6 packs and rid of those love handles
  • Get rid of muffin tops
  • VS abs workout
As always, I did my Sun salutation 1 and 2 post shower. 

Tomorrow:
I am working on that assignment again tomorrow and will see you all on Friday now.

Please pray for me :)

I will be rooting for you all xxxx

Questions for the day:
  • Which is the most inspiring movie(s)  or song(s) that you have watched or listened to, which resonates with your life in some manner?
  • What do you do to spend time on long train/bus rides or flights?
Do write to me at pallavibhar at gmail dot com or comment below. 







No comments:

Post a Comment