Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother’s day weekend 2013





Sunday, May 12 was Mother’s day this year. Being away from my own mother (and mother in law) made me realize the importance of an iconic and legendary person in my life, who is so far away. I am not trying to be soapy here but on mother’s day I specially remember my aunt (Mami Ji), who is no longer with us now. I used to ask this question to myself (and my Mumma) often that how my cousins have lived without their mother growing up when I cannot stomach the idea of staying away from my own mother even for a few days.  Now I know why my mother never replied to me.
The flip side of this is that now my sister is also a Mom of the most adorable kid in the world, who is growing at a rapid pace :)
Apple of our eyes
Mother’s day celebration:
So what if our Moms are not here, the spirit is certainly there. To alleviate the missing, we headed over to Rohith’s aunt’s (Bua Ji) place. Rohith’s twin cousins have decided to cook up some finger food and order pizza. Midway there was a change of plans and all three of them (Rohith, Runa and Pia) decided on making the all american staple, mac and cheese for dinner. 
To make or not to make, that is the question!
The feast: Sinful but yummy ;)
In the midst of all the chaos around the making of mac and cheese, I took a chill pill and enjoyed my time with this new sauvigon blanc that Rohith’s aunt introduced to me last evening.

Heavenly
Last week:
The entire week went in the planning and preparation of a spring benefit that I helped organize being on the Host Committee. It was for a wonderful organization supporting and promoting the potable water access in Africa. It is called thewatercollective and they are soon planning to launch in India too. Exciting!          

From the spring benefit I helped organize last week

I also did some prep work on myself for getting ready for the event. It has been more than eight months since I have actually visited my hairdresser! Incredible but true :P
This is how I looked that evening. 
Candid posing. LoL!
I had no idea how long my hair have grown in all these months. It was my hairstylist who said that she didn’t have the heart to shorten the lengths of my locks that me realize this. I have such curly and fuzzy hair that the length is eclipsed because of the curls and fuzz always. 
Not so bad. Right?
I also invited Rohith’s cousin’s to the benefit event. Later, we met Rohith for dinner at a very nice burger joint in the neighborhood called Bill’s burgers. I was a little disappointed as they charged us a fortune for the special drinks pitcher that night. I hate to give bad reviews on yelp, however for this one I will have to make an exception sadly :(

Brunch yesterday:
I made some stuffed sandwiches for brunch yesterday, which we had with dhaniye ki chutney and tomato ketchup. They were lip smacking!
Restaurant like
Later, we headed for Coney Island for some much needed sand and sun!

Just the right thing for a sunny afternoon
Workout:

Workout has been off and on, I have to confess to you all. I have only been able to do my yoga regimen along with the Sun Salutations 1 and 2 but no cardio.
I am beginning a three week long regimen tomorrow and will keep you guys posted on it.

Question of the evening:
  • How did you celebrate Mother’s day this year? Were you lucky enough to be with your Mum?
  • Have you tried any short -term-result-yeilding workout regimen lately to get ready for summers just in time?
Do write to me at pallavibhar at gmail dot com or comment below.




                                                   
           
      




No comments:

Post a Comment